Blaubac - Wind Chill
If all you listened to was the first track, you'd think "sounds a bit
too much like the Boards of Canada", but very soon this takes off into
some really nice jazzy, experimental directions while retaining the BoC
type dischordant melodic starins here and there. It also winds up
sounding a bit more 'acoustic' than BoC do. Very good spin with enough
to keep you going back to plumb the depths of it.

Ladytron - 604
I loved this instantly. Very retro kitsch; 80s style klunky synth pop
hooks with a modern knob spin on 'em. Loads of fun and hooks to match.
Maybe it wears off quick (dunno - haven't had it that long), but it's a
fun ride so far.

Dave - Sensory Overload
Great deep house stuff; a bit more lush than a lot of what's been coming
out of Germany but certainly doesn't suffer for it.

VA Praesentiert 3 (Raum...Music)
And speaking of what's been coming out of Germany, this is a lovely
compendium from Raum...Musik feat. Dub taylor, Michael Langlois,
Kingsize XS and Dirk Diggler among others.

Tosca - Suzuki in Dub
I posted a recommendation for this a while back and was a bit surprised
to find it dissed by a few. I'm not sure if the naysayers were reviewing
"Suzuki" (which I found a tad light myself for K&D type fare) or
actually noticed I was referencing the "in Dub" lp, which is Suzuki in
remix . If you're a K&D fan, it's hard to see how this one would fail to
satisfy as (imo) it's one the nicest of its ilk since the "Sessions" lp
and the Walkner & Mostl ep (another great outing - they also do a remix
here).

Quant -  Quantastical Quantasm
I love this. At first I wasn't taken with the spoken-type voacls which
crop up in several places, but the lush, warm, soulful, jazzy DeGiorgio
type hooks resplendant throughout this lp make it a must-have in my
book. And I got used to the vox.

VA Full Fledged (Kanzleramt)
Nice 2cd set of mixes/remixes by Anthony Rother, Heiko Laux, Diego,
Double X, etc. which moves enough to keep you interested and goes deep
enough to be a worthwhile buy.

--
   jeff

?/~THINK OUTSIDE OF YOUR SITCOM~\!