I said...
> ...  Not to ruin the fun for
> >anybody, but a DJ's set is not really a religious experience, it mainly
is
> not a piece of artistic expression, it is just some good records being
> >played to keep the party flowing

Stewart said....
> Unfortunatly on the whole youre probably right these days, but I think
> anyone who was a regular at Larry levan's Paradise Garage, Frankie
Knuckles'
> Power Plant or Ron Hardy's Music Box might disagree, or maybe the drugs
were
> just better back then :)

Ahhh,
I never said that listening to a DJ could not be a spiritual experience for
the listener...  I just meant it as that a DJ is not necessarily a shamen of
techno glory...  I have been touched and energized many times by certain
sets....  This should be something a DJ should aspire to do, but should not
necessarily aspire to be in control of the throughput of ideas and music
between the artist and the listener....  A DJ is merely a vessel, not a
controller...  this includes the transferring of information on labels and
such...  I love listening to Levan's old sets and stuff, truly magical
experience...  I hear ya my friend....  I don't think it was the drugs...

scott