There is an interview section at http://deephousepage.com

They have a page devoted to "What Kind Of House Party Is This?" by >Farley Jackmaster Funk and Frankie Knuckles. Does anyone have any more >info on this book? Looks like great reading.

The Chicago artist interviews are classic, but I didn't even read the British chapter! Again, I don't know what the fiction/fact-ratio is in those interviews, especially with the early pioneers, but it's fun to read Vince Lawrence's stories about how he and Jesse Saunders were spending the proffits of those early house records on synths and prostitutes:) Just like I imagined it to be. Very interesting are the stories about the clubs all the name DJs played, the whole competetive attitude between them seems like light years away compared to this day!!! It explains so much about the history and evolution of this music.

I think the author Jonathan Fleming is a photographer specializing in the club scene, and that way he got into writing this book...?

Good reading indeed.

Proffit