I believe the noise is left on purpose to give the tracks that "swimming in pools of grape jello" kinda feel ala , B.C.

I did notice the levels to be pretty low as well though.

From: "Scotto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: [313] Deep Chord Questions.
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:10:50 -0500

jist woundering if anyone knew why the deep chord records have a high end
static/tape hiss sound I thaught it was the mixer I was using but on a
diferent (better) mixer it is there even more prevelent than before.

also are these guys trying to hide there identies like those other two that
start with a "D". if they are not please give me some info there website is
pretty blank.

Scott Laakso   ---
-------           i majin
http://www.mp3.com/i_majin