Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:01:00 -0000
To: 313@hyperreal.org
From: "beautiful individual" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: mixing problems

i'm going to look like a right ignorant sod here, but feck it. i have a
problem (luckily, not a sexual one), i have great difficulty mixing (no
laughing, please) with tunes that have beatless intros, ie no kick drum,
high-hats, hand-claps or discernible beat, an examlpe would be modus vivendi

'modus vivendi' (top tune by the way, imo). i use headphones to mix,
listening to both tunes at same time (have no aspirations to play in club as

techno dj, cause i know my limitations), but by the time the kick comes in
the beats are all over the shop. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
any thanks for reading,
aidan o'doherty