From: Nick Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Yup yup, I can tell you from a very reliable source
that HDNone is talking a load of pap. I also know a
few dj's that are gonna be there but the line ups may
change, it's still being organised, so there's no room
for speculation. Things will be clearer soon, there's
no point wasting bandwidth now when the full details
will be displayed way before the event anyway...

Sorry to jump in on this, but no, HDNone is NOT simply talking junk. I think his/her announcement was premature given the situation, but I can vouch for the fact that this was a line up that was mentioned by individuals involved in organizing the event in private conversations with other folks. This was presented as a done deal, and I know that at least one of the people mentioned has been talking about it to others, whether or not it's been mentioned publicly.

I've been given a number of different reasons for why things were said and why things were retracted and why other folks are not going to move on their decisions and none of it is making too much sense to me. The press conference may be interesting for a number of different reasons, but to go to it and expect to hear anything definitive is...chancey at best. Even when someone says, "Yes, this is how it's going to be," you find out three days later, "Oh, X didn't have the authority to say that, and we changed it."

I have a lot more to say, but I'm also going to give the organizers a chance to come up with their story before I open up on folks.