My memory is not firing up real well for me...but, the promoter of the party
that was to go off was a guy who was a Yellow FANATIC.  He even had a
baseball cap with a bronze-colored metal cut out of the word "Yellow."

He shopped at Record Time on a regular basis and worked at a movie theater
over in Oak Park.  6 foot tallish with dark curly hair...

Anyway, he told me on the night of the party when all hell was breaking
loose, that it was a promoter vs promoter sort of beef.  At the time, he
implicated the cats who were running the nights at the Bankle Building.  As
a pretty loyal supporter of the Bankle scene, I found this a bit
questionable.

In all, it's a shame that it didn't go off.  They had done an ace job with
the interior of the station.  They had these huge aluminum and glass light
boxes (similar to what strippers might use) set up along the gigantic
columns supporting the ceiling.  The interior was airy and light . . . sort
of like a cathedral.

I was bummed I didn't get to get my groove on.

Oh yeah, one more detail on the promoter guy . . . he LOVED Indian food.  In
fact, he introduced me to Shalimar over on Orchard Lake Road off 696.
Yum...Curry.

Funny how I can remember some details but not his name...

337is