> New? I think that while there has been an increase in 80s
> influenced music
> over the last year or so, the electro "wave" isn't new at
> all. There have
> been consistant releases of electro music for at least four
> or five years.
Sorry, this was a misconception from me - this wave is very new to me, so I
feel like it is new in general... Still, I am under the impression that
there are moe records released in this vein these days, or that they get
more exposure ?

> The labels are a bit more obscure and smaller in scale than
> say, Tommy Boy
> or even Tresor, thus they have fallen below the radar of most
> people. Why
> the increased interest in 80s influenced music I'm not
> sure...anyone care to
> offer their hypothesis?
Maybe that's because electro is an easy-to-access take on electronic music :
it's electronic/techno-related music, but with melodies, it is structured
like a pop song... plus, it uses sounds my generation is familiar with /
nostalgic of, so it is kind of comforting even if it is unconscious... that
is also why the treatment given by Adult is so interesting, the way they
divert electro to turn it into something ironic / deviant, use it to comment
on modern society...

Gwendal