Re:
For those who still asking what does this have to do with music:
There's Terry Lee BROWN Jr. Using a black name, the color brown in his name, and a cartoon character with an afro and big lips he had everyone thinking he was black (and many still do today), sounds like "blackface." I would have enjoyed his music just the same knowing he was white but now I'm not going to buy it anymore since he's pretending to be something he's not.

Just to sort this out-
He's pretty much dropped using that terrible characiture... although the name remains. His newest record has a photo of the real Norman Feller submerged in a pool. This is the first time his actual image has appeared on his records and I think that it's good that he has come out from behind that awful cartoon. I know his original for this image was because he thought nobody would ever believe that someone by the name Norman Feller (wasn't that the name of the actor who played the landlord in Three's Company?) could make deep, dancefloor killer tracks. No it doesn't make it any better but I do believe he has re-thought that approach. Which is good.

MEK