From: Phonopsia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 12:09 AM
To: ryan burns; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] Titonton

----- Original Message -----
From: "ryan burns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 11:54 PM
Subject: [313] Titonton

> the other week i picked up the new planet e double.  its got a track buy
> Titonton thats tight.
> I was just wondering what other tracks people like from him.  hes got some
> stuff on Residual and a double called Voyeurism (i think).
> One day i overheard kent williams talking about how Titonton was more of a
> composer and was taught music theory.
> i havent seen his new cd yet.  is it something thats going to be pressed
on
> wax.
> can anyone add to this.

Ryan,

I think you'd really like some of his earlier stuff if you can find it. I
have an EP on 21/22 corp that has an excellent track by him as CrO2. That's
long out of print though. His "Of the Essence" on Metamorphik is more
recent, but great too. These two tracks are towards the end of my "New and
Old" and "Bang" mixes on my site if you're interested in hearing them.

For me, I'm kind of hit or miss with his releases. Some of it is a bit too
much along the lines of quirkier Dan Curtin. I tend to prefer his more
straight-forward work when I'm spinning, but it's all good to listen to. His
betalounge set has really made me curious about the new stuff. I'm sure it's
top notch.

Tristan