I think the original question was aimed at a particular form of German techno, referred to as "schranz". Along the lines of Liebing, Kremer, and the same type of stuff that was released by Beyer, Lekebusch, Mull, C Smith.

Cheers!

From: Tosh Cooey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] Re: German techno that fits 313?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 17:00:22 +0200

> It is not crap but I guess it has plateau-ed in recent times. I haven't been > there though but I have seen many DJs. Patrick Lindsey is big in Australia

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........ "plateau-ed" oh God (sic) I'm going to fall out
of my chair.....

A night of German electronic music (aka techno) would kill a night of
any other kind of regional music, including Detroit.

Just look at the quality of output coming from lables like:
Tresor
Ladomat
BPitch Control
Shitkatapult
Kompakt
Perlon
Force Inc
Mille Plateaux
Playhouse
Kanzleramp
Poker Flats
DiscoB
and on ...
and on ...
and on ...

In fact I bet that a strong argument can be made that Detroit has lost
the spotlight for innovative new music which now is sourced from
Germany.  Of course on a per capita basis Detroit of one million people
still kicks Germany's 80 million people's ass.

Oh and it should be noted that these labels are constantly releasing
music and pushing the boudaries, not just relying on tired old formulas
and the strength of their back catalogue.

Tosh