> this is a pretty silly move it's so difficult to get his records anyway...
> now less people are gonna have access to his music. as i was just discussing
> with a friend we would by his records as soon as we saw them regardless if
> we had them in mp3 format or not.  i do understand that it is his music and
> he has the right, but it seems a little weird to me.

I always thought napster really came into its own with difficult to find
underground stuff. I have found mp3's of tracks I sure as hell wouldnt
be able to find on record... Guess I downloaded a copy of french kiss
just in time. Artists dont get royalties from second hand sales, so if a
track is way out of print it might as well be available in some way. Any
serious music lover dislikes the quality of mp3's anyway - so its not
like they wouldnt buy it if they could.

Scott.
http://www.mp3.com/ScottVallance