I like mp3 cds.  You have 10+ hours of music on one
disk.  I'm all for massive amounts of information in a
small package.  Vinyl is big and clunky, it wears out
and you can't store too much on a slab of plastic.
However for DJs, it (vinyl) may be great, but not for
me.  (Sidenote: I wish people would start releasing
more stuff in a digital format.  That way, I could
compile it into some long mp3 cds.)

Anyway....
I have an mp3 cd that has the following albums on it:

Claude Young - Soft Thru
Vainqueur - Elevations
Surgeon - Force + Form
Aril Brika - Deeparture in Time
Infinity - Skynet
Transmat - Time:Space
Deep Chord
Maurizio
Derrick May - Innovator

..... I think it's pretty cool.  The albums are stored
neatly in directories and each song is labeled (used
MusicMatch to encode, it also did most of the naming
for me).  I also have mp3 cds that have full 2 hour
sets from Claude Young, Surgeon, Marco Carola, etc.
You can't get this from cd or vinyl.

This is where it's at now.  But we need to get yet
another format / or another compression scheme that
will allow for more and higher quality recordings on a
cd sized platform.  One that comes to mind is DVD
Audio..., (maybe vqf for compression???)

Finally, I listen to these mp3 cds with a portable
player (Rio Volt).  Many car audio manufacturers are
starting to release in-dash mp3 cd / cd players.  I
was looking at the Kenwood 8017.  But my local stereo
shop doesn't have it in yet since it just came out.
Anyway, imagine driving for 10+ hours and not worry
about changing the disk.  I could drive to Denver on 1
cd!

Is anyone as excited about this stuff as I am?  Just
wondering......   / resume your activities.

meta elpH