> Can someone please ID this track for me? It's on the second Dego set on DEMF
> archived in the Groovetech site, and it's this song coming in at around
> 16:35.

Anyone know what the track right BEFORE this one?  Wicked
bassline!

I THINK the track at 16:35 is by Domu (or also sounds like Total
Science?)  I'll check on exact title and label when I get
home...  excellent broken beat cut with a real synthy edge.

> I got really interested in Dego after hearing him and some friends playing
> at The End When I went to London. They made me dance all night even though I
> wasn't moving :-) Now, *THAT* has some jazz to it... Some of the best music
> I've heard in my life, no arguments there...

Yup. I love how Dego and co. took elements of techno and some
production techniques from dnb, instrumental hip-hop (remember
Tek-9?)  added some jazz flavors (like heavy Rhodes piano) to
spawn an original new style that is a complete bouillabaisse of a
bunch of different good beats and electronic, soulful sounds --
but doesn't really sound like other styles of dance music in
particular that already exist.

I think all the collaboration among those artists W. London right
now of these producers is REALLY incestuous, there's like about
15 or 20 producers (and even some vocalists) that are appearing
as collaborators on each other's records, labels, and starting
new projects together as one-offs, etc.  It's exciting to see all
that synergy. Frankly, reminds me when back in Detroit all the
EARLY collaborations between carl, derrick, shake, juan, kevin,
claude, d-wynn, jay denham, basically the
Transmat/KMS/Metroplex/Fragile family as well as UR/Axis/M-plant,
people were all just really into discovering and defining a new
sound.  Everyone was helping each other out on productions,
borrowing studios, labels, producers, remixers, etc.

We're witnessing that kind of explosive "team creativity" growth
in the broken-beat scene right now (and over the last 8 mos. or
so), the ball is really rolling.  A lot of the old Reinforced
artists have got involved under different pseudonyms to make some
really ecclectic tracks with wider influences and contributors.

peace
--
Matt MacQueen  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
archived radio shows --> http://macqueen.com/radio