on 4/16/01 3:05 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> What's the BMP limitation on changing tracks with different keys?
> Like if you're going from F to G  (Maj 2nd up),  What does that amount to in
> BPM change if the F track is BPM=120 and the G track is BPM = "x"?  Anybody
> work with stuff like that?

I was curious about all this, so I dusted off my notes from"Physics for
Poets" (don't laugh, it was a real college course) and did the math.

Each note in the 12 tone scale represents an increase of .0595 (some
rounding) above the previous tone.  This corresponds to a surprising 7.73
bpm increase, if your original was 130 bpm.

As far as the example above, if you were at F/120, and you pitched up to G,
the bpm should (if I did my math correctly) resemble 134.7

Less margin for error than I previously thought, and a good reason to buy
lots and lots of records.  :)
--
There4IM