Personally I don't care what they're using as long as the crowd can tell that they're doing something.

It's currently still hard to get alot of crazy live stuff goin with the laptop, but that has yet to change (leaving us all-hardware-based producers in the dust! = )

Hey Oliver, would you be at all interested in going more in depth with how your setup will go? What software will you be running? And what's this "control surface" your talking about. Very curious, can't wait to see you in action = )

Personally, I've never seen a live act yet that has REALLY impressed me. Here in Los Angeles we get dicks shoved in our mouths (a bad thing, in this case, at least) with acts that are either not live, or don't do anything exciting.

If I was to experience a performance that would make me have to change my underwear because of how sickening it was, it'd be something like:

A percussion cat who can improvise on drum machines (analog, and sample/loop based) live running them in different time signatures, with the ability to do fills and rolls and bombs and even musical questions, answers, and mockeries of other memebers.

A keyboardist similar to Herbie Hancock on some analog synths and a Rhodes and live analog step sequencers, with the ability to loop the MIDI data from his live playing and tweak that in real time.

A bassist (like Jaco or Squarepusher) with an acoustic bass, an electric bass with some pedals (like wah and bass synth), an SH-101, and a strap-on controller controlling a MIDI'd 303. The bassist would also have the ability to trigger little arpeggios or patterns or loop and manipulate his own playing.

That'd be sick. Maybe it'll happen someday? Anyone seen anything remotely like this?

Thanks,
Devon