Underground Committee has had a facelift:
Maybe you have already noticed, maybe you haven't, but Underground Committee
went through some reconstruction. We have also added eight new archvives
along with the new site design. Please take the time to enjoy our exquisite
selection of Deep Underground Grooves. In addition we also have some news
from Mike Grant owner of Moods & Grooves as well as some Larry Heard
updates. As always thank you for your support:

Mike Grant head of Detroit's Moods & Grooves records returns to his Black
Noise guise (recording previously on Metroplex) for the launch of his new
techno based label End to End records. This time working with another
Kalamazoo resident, Therapy. End to End combines the best motor city funk
with the soulful synth work that the D is renowned for.  End to End seeks to
be the most consistent label out of Detroit in a while. Who said Detroit
doesn't make techno any more?
Young Gifted & Black Following the socially conscious title Young Gifted &
Black begins and concludes with a sample of social commentary lending the
track a serious edge. The introductory speech segues into funky broken
percussion and a central, intricate synth line. Influenced by the minimalism
of Rob Hood and the hi-tech funk of Underground Resistance, filters and
synth washes carry the track to a melodic crescendo.

The driving bass beats and muted hi-end arrangements of Smoke & Mirrors plow
through dynamic rhythmic configurations. A murky, minimal synth lines slowly
oscillates and shifts adding texture and building energy. Avoiding techno
clichés Smoke & Mirrors is a potent combination of world wide techno
influences filtered through Detroit sensibilities - powerful enough to
pummel any dance floor into submission.

Scan 7 doesn't just say they are from Detroit they show it as they come back
to the root with a new homegrown EP.  Entitled "Home Soil" on Detroit's
brand new End to End records it features mixes by Black Noise.
The EP shows the many sides of the group starting with the rolling bass line
and the energetic pace of How 'Bout Me; raw dance floor techno.  Atmospheric
deep techno describes Evasive Maneuvers, as a  looming bass and strings give
the track a haunted aspect. Finally, the journey is completed by the chord
stabs and building synth lines from the darkness of Chosen Solitude.
End to End 001 - Black Noise - Step into the Darkness
End to End 002 - Scan 7- Home Soil

Loves Arrival
-The new album by Larry Heard...
-Format[s] CD & Vinyl.
-Category: Adult-Dance, Soulful/Spiritual Deep House, Chill-Out, Jazz-Dance.
-For more information check our website
http://home.att.net/~alleviated/index.html
-Check out our "links" & "News" pages for information and other Web sites
that might be of interest to you!

"if your favorite music retailer doesn't have it..ask them to get it for
you" [send them this email if they need additional help].

REMEMBER....SUPPORT THE SURVIVAL OF THE MUSIC WITH YOUR RETAIL PURCHASES!

-to buy- [coming soon!]

For GLOBAL distribution information, contact Brett Dancer @ TrackMode
Recordings, Inc.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.trackmode.com

Sound Signature & Trackmode Recordings Presents:

The Selection Talents of:
Larry Heard (Alleviated Records & Music)
 Kenny Dixon Jr. (KDJ Records)

also:
Kai Alce
Rick Wilhite
Brett Dancer
Theo Parrish

Sunday, May 27, 2001

5141 Rosa Parks Blvd.
The Detroit Contemporary Gallery
12 a.m. - 7 a.m.

Up now at http://www.undergroundcommittee.com in the archives section:

RAY DILLA PRESENTS:
- Essentials - Playlist: Ray Dilla 5.0
- Surrender - Sepia
- Groove Box - Mike Huckaby
- Deep Space - The Tellurians (Rainy City)
- Somethin' Else - 2nd Shift
- Always - Lisa Shaw
- Do You Know House - Todd Gardner
- Dream On Baby - Sarah Jane Morris
- What Gets You By - 2nd Shift
- Love Me Or Leave Me - Delicious Inc.
- Missing You - Larry Heard
- Soundz Melody - Glenn Underground
- Stay The Night - Fresh & Low
- Broken House - Chessy "D" ( Bakehich EP #2)
- Altered States - Ron Trent

- Livin' for The Night - Playlist: Ray Dilla 6.0
- Baby Love - Casio
- The Fog Is Behind - Racoon
- Music & Wine - Blue Six
- People Came Runnin' - Taxi
- Main Street - Soldiers of Twilight
- Summer is Gone, Winter is Here - Mood Swing
- True Love - Aquanote
- Get Up - Amel Larrieux
- Do It (It's Harder Than It Should Be) - Dolby
- I Know - Tim Delux
- Moody - Sessomato
- Secret House - Maurizzio Ruggiero
- I Feel For You - Bob Sinclair
- Let's Go Disco - Southern Comfort

- Warmth of The Soul - Playlist: Ray Dilla 7.0
- No More Excuses - Atlantis feat. Naomi Nsombi
- Real Thing Wonderland - Frankie Feliciano
- Airto - Charlie Watts/Jim Kelner Project
- Africa Remixes - Meitz
- Elevator - Jaffa (MAW Remixes)
- Dengon - Richard Les Crees (Larry Heard Remixes)
- So Many Things - Needs
- Breakin' It Down - Petal Pusher
- Window Pain - The Rurals
- Sweet Girl Like Me - Original Soulboy
- Space Funk Project Vol 2 - Bob Sinclair
- American Eats Its Young - Nick Holder feat. Jemeni
- Give Me Your Love - Black Mighty Orchestra feat. Be Noir
- Voices In Los Angeles Remix - Josua
- Soha - Julien Jabre & DJ Gregory

- A Different Plane - Playlist: Ray Dilla 8.0
- Felicidade - SUBA
- Dengon - Richard Les Crees
- Independence - Lu Lu
- Holler - Spice Girls
- Hold On - Belizbeha
- Misia Melody - MAW Remix
- Satisfy The Need - Jordan Fields
- Life - Pepe Bradock
- Don't Hold Back - Soul Vision
- Stop Playing With My Mind - Barbara Tucker
- You Can Lift Me Up - Black Fibre
- Lovin' Is Really My Game - Ann Nesby
- Movin' - Johnny Fiasco
- I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing - Pet Shop Boys

- THE UNDERGROUND FILES PRESENT:
- FAHRVERGNUEGEN  - DJ MG Session 2.0
- JAZZIER LOVE - DJ MG Session 3.0
- DEEPER LOVE - DJ MG Session 4.0
- Je Suis Ravi - (Guests) DJ RV Session 1.0

Thanks For Your Support,

j.d.

http://www.undergroundcommittee.com

504.837.4783 tel
504.553.5628 tel
504.553.5627 fax

Keepin' it real, keepin' it UNDERGROUND..........Underground Committee.com