Yeah - DiGiorgio rocked it last night. Nice to see a big turnout for the event.

and thanks for the good review! I have a few tracks on SUNRUNNERS as Duermo, and I'm proud to be on ism. Swingsett and J Warrin - the label heads - are two of the most musically forward thinking people I know, and I think it reflects in the label's output. Watch out, cuz NYC's
coming with the new stuff in a big way.

peace,
Jorge

That party was probably thrown by ism records (ism/Esho Thursdays 121
St.Marks Place near Ave. A)... check out their new CD Sun Runners mixed by
DJ Swingsett. Very cool mix of deep house sounds, freestyle breaks, dub.
Here's my review of it (http://www.toastmag.com/24/rev_04.html#rev14):

Various Artists
Sun Runners
(ism Records)
New York's DJ Swingsett showcases some previously unreleased tunes from his,
and J.Warrin's, ism Records. Sun Runners is an eclectic mix of sambas, East
Coast jazz/funk/house blends, floor rumbling drum & bass, fresh breakbeat
excursions, Japanese Koto music, and dub that would drive the Mad Professor
crazy. No, you didn't read it wrong.... I did list Japanese Koto music. That would happen to be "Vida Blue" by Beatboxes at Dawn. It's a weave of big and
mental boom-boom beats and the gentle court music of Japan and it's that
kind of stick-your-neck-out approach that makes the ism Record label a hot
spot for innovation. Wally & Swinsett's "Dropera" pushes the beats into
weirdness until you think it's almost lost the plot, then they drop a big
ol' bassline in and it just jells into funky chunks. Dub tracks, like
Motopsyco and Cassien's "Water Tree," are used to dunk listeners deeper into
the mix. Actually, it's difficult to call any one track dub, house, or
breakbeat. DJ Swingsett and J. Warrin have made it their purpose to break
out of the mental walls that confine creativity, exploration, and good
music. With ism Records, we've got plenty of good music in our future.
[MEK]
www.ismrecords.com