----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Music Institute" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 11:46 PM
Subject: [313] Best of the best...

> This oughta be interesting.
>
> Suppose you had a friend  or relative whose only exposure to "techno" was
> top 40 radio (?), TV spots,  and the ubiquitous flash intros on dot.com
> websites.  Furthermore, this relative usually prefers music with vocals.
>
> What three or four 313-sensitive (loose definition) tracks might be good
for
> an introduction to the current sound?  I guess I'm looking for those
tracks
> that might do well in mainstream clubs that still capture the real feel?

I second the Herbert/Sicialano vote. She's probably my fav vocalist at the
moment. If "Leave Me Now" ever gets a proper release (although nt
Sicialano), that's a great track on which tp build since it's essentially
downtoempo, but at aroud 115 bpm.  Old-school-wise, Chez 'n trent's "The
Choice" springs to mind. If you're trying to make in-roads through vocal
house, my recomendation is to smother the listener in Prescription
instrumentals, and then drop some Prescription vocals. This is how I learned
to appreciate voals, so perhaps the converse could work?

Tristan