Wraith313 wrote:

> What kind of subjects are actually defined as "on topic" for this group?
> My first impression is that Techno talk and anything that has to do with
> techno is on topic.  Is this inaccurate?

My opinion:
'Anything that has to do with techno' is too broad. IMO, 313 is
specifically about Detroit and Detroit-related techno and house, not
about software, gear, cars, drugs, etc. That's all stuff that might be
relevant to techno, but there are other lists that are much better
suited for those topics. If you want to read/know/ask about those
things, subscribe to those lists, or find a webpage with the answer to
your question (www.google.com will usually find it).

As for the techno 'talk', the talk unfortunately tends to outweigh the
techno by a mile or two. IMO there's too many people having essentially
one-to-one conversations on the list, so keep those friggin' useless
oneliners where they belong: in private email puh-lease... (no matter
how tempting it is with a permanent net connection and nothing better to
do). Either that, or make sure that your post is worth reading for the
other 800-odd subscribers to this list.

Otto, the list etiquette purist.