Been searching for a Manuel Gottsching release entitled, : "Inventions for the Electric Guitar" which is what I swear is directly influenced by Jimi Hendrix only segueing into more technotic shit. Fu**king briliiant piece of work which prefaces E2E4 under the guise of Asram Temple. Cannot be found, been looking for close to 5 years now....so lemme know if anyone finds it or has it and would be willing to burn me a mercy copy of :)

Peace/Love,
Lo

From: "john arnold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] Jeff Lorber ---  E2-E4
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:01:49 -0400

It's so cool to hear someone talk about Jeff Lorber, he is among my
favorites.  I do a song in my live set that contains a JL break and it
freaks the room. This past Saturday I played at the Motor, and the JL break
song was the highlight of my set.  I use to play guitar in a band called
Jazzhead and spin JL between sets.  His musical influence to me is right up
there with Weather Report, Return to Forever, the Mahavishnu Orchestra,
Jaco, etc.........(this is two messages in one)
I think that E2-E4 was a huge influence on early Detroit Techno.  Being a
guitarist and an electronic producer from Detroit, I feel a certian
connection to Manuel Gottsing(I don't think I spelled that right).  About a
month ago a friend sat me down to listen to E2-E4, and it blew my mind.
While I was listening to it, I thought it was an old Detroit track I had
never heard before, but it was actually this rock guitar player from
Germany.  I think this record came out in the early eighties.
john