Nick Walsh wrote:

> > Gear talk was exactly why 313TechKnow was created,
> > check
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/313TechKnow for
> > subscription info.
>
> I think there should be a little leeway with our
> discussion on this list... detroit techno has it's
> influences and has influenced many styles of music. If
> we don't keep adding new influences, the music will
> never progress.

Obviously, yes.
I'm all for musical eclecticism, 313 has many influences and those are
perfectly on topic IMO. For instance, I would've never known about Jeff
Lorber for instance if it hadn't been for 313 (so thanks to whoever
brought that up!). In the past 313 has pointed me towards old dub music,
Sun Ra, Weather Report and made me rediscover sleazy Italian disco. But
what does gear talk have to do with musical influences? Heck, if
anything, it only leads to people copying other people's sounds :)

Otto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]