Just nipped out and went shopping. I got given tickets, whilst on the
rounds, to see Derrick May tomorrow night at Ocean on Mare St., Hackney.
Also featuring Aril Brikha. Nice to be able to walk home from a club if I
want :) Any other 313ers planning on going? It claims it's free before 1am,
though I'm not sure if that's just with a ticket. I got mine in Sister Ray
if you want to give it a go.

I also picked up the following records...

J.A.N. (KDJ 030) - Wicked, wicked deeper than thou house music. One sided
affair that uses the same overlaid spoken word trick as Amerika, deep vocal
snippets, a sneaky wee bassline and gorgeous electric piano towards the end.
Loverly.

Sirius Is A Friend (Tresor Archiv 1 EP) - Is this a new series of tracks
from the vaults? Model 500's excellent "Light Speed" (btw, Deep Space
remains one of only 4 or 5 truly great techno albums for me) redone with a
tremendous new bassline is the stand out for me but the EP also features
Daniel Bell's "Acid Phreak" and Christian Vogel's "Ninjah".

and on the non 313 tip...

Junior Byles "Beat Down Babylon - The Upsetter Years" (Trojan) - Soulful as
you like with Lee Perry at the controls. Check out "Fun and Games".
Production like that should not work, it makes "There's A Riot Going On"
sound like a crystal waterfall. Genius.

King Tubby "Dub Gone Crazy 2" (Simply Vinyl) - You simply cannot fail with
these Simply slightly too expensive reissues. I got this for "The Poor
Barber" so as to compete with my neighbour's DIY at 4am in the morning (I
jest not). Let the Tubster gun him down!!