A brief review of the Lil' Louis party in Eastern mkt last night...
*PROS:
-Theo's set

is there ever a disapointment from this dj?

-free beer

you can never argue with that ;-)

-lots of people showing up (including Baby Ford et al...)

NOW i'm jealous.  not fair.

I heard he almost didn't play at all because he didn't like the >speaker setup and demanded they be moved around....

totally understandable. I truely don't think its fair to a dj to put him on a horrible system. the crowd naturally thinks the crappy sound is the dj's fault (at the very least it kills all the energy in their set).

Not that i'm a supahstar pa by ANY means, but there are people i'll never play for again because they bring in shitty systems.

hmm. What do you guys think? is it ok for a performer to decide to NOT play due to a low quality soundsystem? is this too arrogant?