Haye!

> -and doesn't it seem funny that last year they were happy to have carl
> heavily involved in the festival (which gave credibility to the event),
but
> now something like paperwork is enough to get rid of him?

That's the point. The DEMF started with an aura of a "True School" event,
having Carl in a position to choose great talent, and we knew he would do
just that. Seriously, didn't anybody tought it was too good to be true? I
honestly have to admit that the idea crossed my mind...
I remember reading someone writing that this (the DEMF), in Detroit, was
virtually a miracle...
The way things are going are not in the direction of the Sasha Van Oakenweed
takeover of the festival. That won't do it, the appeal that big time
sponsors are looking for is the image of the DEMF, the image of an artform
that has not been corrupted, the image *THEY* know people want to see, cause
like it or not, alternative sells and everybody likes to think of themselves
as unique (well, not`*EVERY*body). And these are people with money to spend.
The first DEMF was created with an image of realness, even had Carl's image
to give it credibility. And it's credible enough to get the 313 list talking
about it all year round...
So, what now? Now we have a commitee... but this one's not Underground. And
that's bad...
Let's see those sponsors next year. And let's see that commitee, too...
They're just gonna milk it while they can. Face it, people. Enjoy it while
it lasts.

> this has nothing to do with artist contracts or carl's competency or work
> ethic.  it has to do with a corporation tarnishing a man's reputation in
> order to have total control over an event that will make them money.  and
> that is what's going on.  period.

That is what's going on. Period.

Lay
"Unconditional Empowerment"