yeah, he played a smaller venue on friday nite somewhere in new york - not
sure where though. . .

i saw him at redno5 saturday nite  (that place has some _devastating_
sound in the front room).  he was on the top of his game.  at one point he
used what i assume was an sh-101 to produce this wicked bassey acid sound,
sinked up to a beat on his 909.  he gradually slowed the bpms down to
about 0, so  there was just this sustained distortion coming out.  he then
brought a faint beat back in with the 909 and proceeded to drop the
previous track  back in with full force.  most of the kids in the club
then bent down to pick their jaws up off the floor.