Okay, was I just hearing things last night or was his last track a TRANCE remix of the new Destiny's Child song??!!

From: T.J.Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] rob hood's dj style
Date: 20 May 2001 16:52:26 -0700

On Sun, 20 May 2001, "beautiful individual" wrote:

> is mr hood rated as a dj? does he play minimal techno similar to what he
> produces?
>
> aidan
> Hi I just saw Rob Hood spin last night. It was a really good show. He, Clark Warner, and DJ Heather all really rocked the house.

Rob started off playing detroit classics (May, Atkins, and Saunderson stuff...) and transitioned into motown and straight into minimal. Really cool stuff and interesting to listen to. He had a hip hop break-down or two. The only thing is, the interruptions from minimal into slower genres, in my opinion, kind of stopped the progression of the music. The floor wasn't very full and only a few peoplep were dancing. It's kind of pathetic that Hood can't get a decent turnout in his own town. Not a dis to him, but it seems like the scene is better elsewhere.

In the other room DJ Heather was really kicking ass with some hard house. I frickin wore my knee out dancing to her shxt!!!!

Hope this helps shed light...

TJ
www.mp3.com/wraith313
www.outrecords.com