evan wrote:

I came across Maestro - a documentary about the history of the >underground music scene which is currently in production

I did notice, however, a lack of presence of the detroit pioneers, and >was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or interesting info on the >project or the omission.

I've been waiting for it to finally finish and hope to get to see it somewhere! I'm just wondering if it ever reaches any other than small independent film festivals and the premiere night in the U.S. (where Morales shows up with his monsterbuilt steroid bodyguards:)
Hopefully the film aires on TV sometimes somewhere...

There's been a debate about the lack of Chicago jocks (Hardy etc.) in the film, only one included is Frankie. It basically concentrates on the N.Y. scene only.

But it does have one unique element to it though: the last interview with Francis Grasso, the founder of modern beat-mixing. I must say I'm waiting to see that particular piece in the film more than anything. Hope there's some documentary footage from that era also!

Detroit -let's face it: I don't think Detroit will ever get the recognition (or film) they deserve. People just don't understand it, basically to most dance enthusiasts Detroit guys were just a bunch of loonies who did wacky beats and experimented with modern pop music... Don't kill me for saying this! It's not my opinion but I believe that's the common folks opinion if they had any.

-Proffit