He got the point all in all this story is just between Carl and Carol and /or the organizations staff. The rest is just speculations, we need some facts here, take a breath and think before acting.....
Desicions with emotions are often bad acts.
After all we have the freedom do not come next year, if we are not happy.

We have to keep the soul of this festival, I do believe that we can act but the artists must act too! have seen nothing yet from their side, maybe they know better.....there was a meeting between Detroit artists and Derrick May no ? who got a report on this matter ?

From: Lester Kenyatta Spence To: Matt Leidigh CC: <313@hyperreal.org> Subject: Re: [313] More fun reading! Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:23:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Matt Leidigh wrote:

> Techno star urges *focus* on music > http://www.freep.com/entertainment/demf/demf24_20010524.htm

The first time I saw Derrick May quoted on this issue, his quote was weird...paraphrasing:

"We should be professionals, because this is what Carl would have wanted."

My thoughts here were...."Carl ain't DEAD."

Reading the underground report on the issue...which argues among other things that May may have conspired with Marvin in some way...outs the above quote AND the article in perspective.

peace lks