I believe it was "Billy Jean" that started all the controversy and was the very first video from a black artist ever to be played on M-TV. Remarkable, really when you think about it. That was 1984, I think.......and yes they were, quite literally, made a public racist spectacle of...

And guess what?  It worked!!!

From: "Scotto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] Read the Carl Craig Link....
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 16:38:10 -0400

, but it was the case for MTV, they refuse to Broadcast a
> video clip with black artists, hopefully Prince took action and since then
> black artists are on MTV.That not so old it was in 1982!!!!

your close to right in this statement. it was not prince it was CBS and
micheal jackson. mtv refused to play black artist, cbs thrented to pull all
of it artist (and they had some really popular one at the time) if mtv did
not play a micheal jackson video I forget which one. anyone elese remember?

Scott Laakso   ---
-------           imajin/ imagine
http://www.mp3.com/i_majin
http://www.ampcast.com/imagine