Great synopsis. Just thought I'd say that personally, I love both of The Sky eps - the first of them features DeGiorgio and O'dell (sometimes known as Super-Aloof). NICE, jazzy, deep, melodic material. The second ep, btw, is John Beltran and is also in a similar vein (not as overtly Hancock drenched!) and excellent. Kirk IS singlehandedly attempting to reincarnate Herbie Hancock's 70s fusion/funk phase. LOVED his sets at DEMF yesterday - I'd bet a good 60% of which were culled from either many bargain bins or someone's vintage collection.
                                        jeff