At 02:02 PM 5/27/2001, Fred Heutte wrote:
I bailed around 9:30 because I was starving, and headed over to
Greektown for some grub.  Then commenced the afterparty circuit,
starting with the Camillian Cafe (300 Monroe at Randolph) which
is actually a very nice coffee place.  I missed Gerald (Matrix)
who played around 7, but Dwayne Jensen and Mike Clark were
heating it up when I stopped in around 11.  He played a white label
of a new vocal track, and his singer was there but with no microphone
all she could do was a lip-sync to her vocal, but she definitely put
some serious diva energy into it :)  It's quite cool to see Detroit house
making a big comeback; I talked with D-Ha (Derwin Hall) later at
the MI party, he's coming out with some new ones shortly after a
long break.

I ended up at the camillian tonight (just got back), as i'm too physically exhausted after two days of demfing to dance (or even walk) properly (otherwise i'd have ended up at the UR-lookin thing across the street).... what a cool place! i'd never been there before, but we decided to stop in there and I can't think of a more chilled out place to spend a few hours. Tasty food, groovin house....

sorry:
a) my somewhat sleep-deprived incoherency
b) those not at demf

here's to hoping i don't go to sleep to find myself waking up at midnight tomorrow,
-j