Just wanted to add my impressions into the heap.

I think the first thing I had to realize was to give up any hope of seeing
every DJ/act that I wanted. My attention span is only so long, and 12+
hours of quality music is too much :)

Anyway,
standout sets-
saturday: Terrence Parker, Kooky Scientiest, K. Hand (she was a trip to
watch), Ae was fun too - tho you guys were saying how crazy the music was,
it was all very loopy and head boppin' to me. I actually made a recording
of Prefuse 73 so i'll see how it comes out, but realized i didn't want to
shlep my dat around the festival all weekend.

saturday night we hit the 7th city party which was much fun. Can I just
get a verification who was giving the PA sometime around 4 am in the
bigger room?

sunday: laurent garnier was great, kid koala was much fun, and kenny
larkin->stacey pullen was fantastic

sunday night: jak.  Our friends gave us their space in line (they had been
waiting for 2 hours and it was too cold) but yeah. I've heard lots about
the price to get in being variable. I think they charged us 25. Anyway,
the sound system was sick. I liked when richie dropped the jak ur body
track (how appropriate) and I noticed a few other classics in there.

monday: b/c of a few tight sets, this was my favorite day musically.
Kikoman was amazing - that style of mixing that rides the line between
organic and very electronic techno really drives me. Following that with
I:Cube just kept blowing my expectations. After that I was running around
trying to catch at least some of the final acts. Doc martin was solid, It
made me feel like when he plays in my town (DC) he's pandering to the
crowd. Inner City plastered a smile on my face. Funk D'Void and Slam were
pounding.  I have a feeling that about half of the people @ the
underground stage never knew what went on above :) And of course Derrick
and Juan.

monday night: re-entry.

Anyway, it was great meeting everyone. :)

-Gil
i *heart* detroit