Went record shopping yesterday and picked up a few things.

Various Artists (UK Economy DJ 01)
3 varied cuts in a Metro Area/Balihu style. I'd never have thought, 5 years
ago (is it really 5 years ago?), that that house sound at Bloodsugar would
come back with such a vengeance. Morgan Geist has really found his voice, as
shown by the (well done) copycat A side here. Any ideas who they are?

Various "Family Sampler" (FR Versatile)
Expect to hear "Eve" by Soha quite a bit. Reesey like bass, those kind of
chords. I am sure Laurent Garnier played it at the End on Wednesday night.
The flip has a so so Osunlade track and a Chateau Flight track.

M2W "Shame" (US Large) & Jon Cutler "It's Yours" (Chez)
Jon Cutler contributes the stand out mix of "Shame" - inclusive house with
properly soulful lyrics underpinned by a wicked groove - and comes up trumps
with the exclusive cliquey "It's Yours". House is a feeling, for those who
know :)

Gaelle "Rain" (US Naked Music)
Naked stuff is a bit too tame for me a lot of the time, but there's a superb
R&B flavoured mix. With all the (pseudo) analogue bass around just now, I'm
still yet to hear house music (or techno) come up with it's Flashlight,
though. I'm throwing down the gauntlet there ;)

Ambrosia "Believe In Me" (US City Vinyl)
New Shelter subsidiary. I don't know who's behind the excellent B side mix,
but it's originally a Big Moses tune. Tristan was asking about music making
you religious. I don't know. But this could be God speaking. In which case
it makes compassionate sense of "you gotta have faith".

Morgan Geist "Super" (US Environ)
Whoah ya beauty! Check "Lullaby" - there's no clear line between aesthetic
and religious fervour. That trumpet shows it. Loverly.

Also got lucky with some disco: Sylvia Striplin's "You Can't Turn Me Away",
Wish's "Nice And Soft", Nancy Martin "Can't Believe" (that last one is for
the Theo Parrish heads to check - Dusty Cabinets anyone?)

Cheers,

Jonny.