Actually I have it too as a promo and, while it's not really my thing, it's
not too terrible. The second disk is very, very housey with tracks by the
likes of Inland Knights and Jori Hulkkonen. There is a slight hint of
progressiveness on the first disk early on but it moves into commercial
tech-house turf (as defined by Timo Maas) pretty quick. His style is closer
to Carl Cox. Emerson was on the DJ circuit before he joined Underworld and
commanded a bit of cred back then. Re: the Pro Tools question, he did it
live, then used the computer to 'clean it up'.