wow, this, to me, is coincidental that Stevie is brought up.  We were JUST
enthusiastically admiring his beautifully, "soulful", melodic knack (he
seems humble too, as you can attest).

Stevie to me represents such an immense influence on modern pop, R&B,
production techniques (he can be a one man band, not afraid of technology).
He was one of the first R&B artists to embrace obviously synthetic sounds
rather than easily synthesized representations of acoustic instuments.

Are you saying he's become complacent in his older age?  His albums did get
continually more mellow.

In that era  there was not nearly as many choices, but that was the outer
edge of pop, everyone still knew all the words.  Just like we try to find
that underground sound, because we can, and be proud of our respectable
independence.  It's so diluted now with millions of world wide artists.
It's hard to find genius with big business always clouding the top 40
market......ugh.  That is why I find interest in artists like D. May, Mills,
Thomas Scumacher,  Lekebusch, Velvet, etc. dispensing their brand of modern;
jazz; funk (music) completely embracing technology.  I just prefer synthetic
sounds to acoustic ones, I guess.

As for politics, I'm not on this list to jab with my fellow future(whatever)
music mates, but to rather explore my quest for that feeling of music with
that fleeting feeling of hearing something and cringing with excitement.
yea...

goodbye Nate
sometime it's good to step away and gain a new perspective and a big thanks
for reinforcing my love of my man Stevie

faulkner style
CM

www.mp3.com/concretemassage (there's no Reason)
-----