Well, if you think that London or New York can get you sweet amounts of hard to
find vinyls, please read my founds of last weekend in Berlin and reconsider :-)

The shops I went to were Raw/Roh, Hardwax and Space Hall.

We started with Space Hall in the Zossener Strasse, which features a very good
techno-room and a fine house room.

Fisherspooner - Emerge (Naughty's peaktime remix)(Gigolo)

An absolute killer! This track single-handedly contains everything I want from
a house track: it's raw, full of energy and has a bass line from bass line
heaven :-)

DJ Naughty - G3 EP (Gigolo)

More raw stuff from F. Moscatello, clearly giving you clues how Hell gets his
unique sound on his latest recordings...it's Moscatello all over!

TokTok vs Soffy O - Missy Queen's Gonna Die (Bpitch Control)

80ies techno for your body, move over Miss Kittin!

Versatile Family Sampler Limited Edition: Soha - Eve and two other tracks

This track had me crying two weeks ago at the Rex Club when Laurent Garnier
played it. Produced by Julie Jabre and Gregory this is a track which is only
made once in a couple of years and stands out miles from the rest of the French
house scene. Simply beautiful.

Naomi Daniel - Feel The Fire (Innerzon)

Double ep from 1994 featuring 8 tracks. Remixes by Chez'n'Trent, Deep dish and
Craig himself. Quality as can be expected.

Abstract Fusion 2 (Trackmode LP)

8 deeeeep tracks by Larry Heard, GU, Rick Wilhite, ... Pick of the litter is
'Fabulous' by Norma Jean Bell, a track so deep you need a spade for serious
digging to be able to play it...

Savvas Pascalidis - Space Woman (Gigolo)

Typical dark Gigolo track rooted firmly in the 80ies.

We left the Space Hall - with a staff so unfriendly it becomes funny - to cross
the road to Raw/Roh, having no clue of what was awaiting us: vinyl madness!!!

My Chicago Jack/Acid tracks addiction almost suffered an overdose:

2 Chip E tracks on DJ International (forgot the name, they were from 85 and
86). I have often read that Chip E is the true Godfather of house, and now I
know why... Simply amazing tracks which every Chicago-head should own.

Chip E - Jack Me Frankie (DJ International or Underground, can't remember)

More madness from Chip E, honouring the legendary Frankie Knuckles in the days
of the Powerplant.

House People EP on Underground (Tyree, Joe Smooth)

The track 'No Control' blew me away in a Ron Hardy mix on the deephouse page,
and now I have it :-)

Tyree - Acid Over (Underground)

Classic track finally in my crates.

Housemaster Boys - The track we lost (Trax)

How can you lose such a track?

Maurice - This Is Acid (Trax)

More classic Chicago, making you jack like nuthin' else!

Morgan Geist - Super (Environ)

Morgan is the man. My shop only had two copies, which were gone the minute they
were in. I have one too now :-)

Ten City - Whatever Makes You happy, Suspicious and Nothing's Changed (Ibadan)

Three classic Ten City tracks being reworked and refined by Claussell and
Chandler. Nuff said.

Antonio - Celebration of life (Tribal Winds)

The very first Tribal Winds. If you don't know Antonio yet, get to know him.
House to fall in love with.

Braxton Holmes - People Everyday (Cajual)

Another step towards the completion of my Cajual-collection. 63 down, 14 to
go...

Larry Heard - Love's Arrival (Trackmode)

Larry's long-awaited album. Deep quality stuff as expected.

Joshua - Jo-Be EP (Solid Traxx)

As stomped by Derrick Carter for years now. Been searching it for ages. Berlin
provided.

To top it all off I haggled the shopkeeper out of two EP's from his private
collection:

Gherkin Jerks - 1990
Gherkin Jerks - Stomp The Beat

both on Gherkin Records, both by Larry Heard, both nearly impossible to find at
a normal price, both essential IMO. I payed $30 :-)))

After this high Hardwax proved to be a 'normal' shop...

Armando - New World Order 4

Amazing Chicago house in true Armando-fashion (I have 1 and 3 as well, who has
2?).

Furry Phreaks - Want Me Like Water (Peacefrog)

Charles Webster from heaven. Been buying his stuff blind and saw it right every
time :-)

Fabrice Lig / Morgan Geist - Last Eden EP (Star Baby)

Very good Detroitish techno / house with Morgan's touch in one track. And watch
out for Fabrice, fabulous stuff!

I forgot some but I suppose you can understand that with such an unhealthy
amount of tracks... Unhealthy? Not!!!

RD

Interested in Turkey?  Visit http://www.turkey.com!