----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Cc: "Phonopsia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: [313] Broken Beat House/West London

> Phonopsia wrote:
> > Anyone have specific archived sets
> > they like?
>
> Caught Recloose spinning recently, and he was playing a lot of the West
> London sound. Not sure if he has any online mixes out there, playing
> this style yet.
>
> Let me know if anyone find's any!

I believe he spins last on the OMOA Music Showcase hosted at the Betalounge
from 5/26/01 (DEMF weekend). I've listened to this set no less than 15 times
now. After about the 30 minute mark it gets really, really deep, with
scattered West Londonish sounds throughout. What I believe to be his part of
the set towards the end of the night goes all over the place, from his
quirky house sound, to straight hip hop, and some breaks. This is seriously
fabulous stuff. The mixing is a bit rough in parts, but it really doesn't
matter at all, and each DJ recovers from any rough periods nicely.

I missed the second OMOA party. Did anyone go? Impressions? Anyone know if
there is a third party planned for August, or when it might be? The website
hasn't been updated since June.

Tristan
http://ampcast.com/phonopsia <- Music
http://phonopsia.tripod.com <- Mixes, pics, thought, travelogue & info