> anyone checked out new sector movements's latest album 'download this'.
> exceptional stuff (besides some dodgy lyrics - especially on title track -
> but it's not about their meaning, it's how they sound that matters,
> complimenting the rest of the music). production is tight. dare i say, roy
> ayers for the 21st century. the mantle is set - lovely nuances in every
> track.

Or how about the Afronaught album on Apollo (a subsidary of R&S)?
Anyone who's checked "Transcend Me" will know that Orin Walters can sure
work his MPC, and the album's just fantastic. Covers a bunch of bases and
leaves the NSM for dust, IMHO. Although an IG Culture fan, I found the New
Sector album all a bit samey, The Afronaught is much more expansive, and its
production super-tight. Definitely my pick from the West London posse this
year... Dare I say, Herbie Hancock for the 24th Century?

313 fans might wanna also check Orin's recent 10" as Orange Waters -
definite Detroit feel to this one.

Andy