----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonny McIntosh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Otto Koppius" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: [313] carl craig remixes

> > > S-Express - Theme From S'Express (Carl Craig Birthday
> > > Surprise Mix).mp3
> > >
> > > found this by chance while browsing audiogalaxy
> > > just wondering if it was ever released and if so which
> > > label / ep?
> >
> > I've never seen this particular remix, but a few months ago I found the
> > 'Carl Craig M.Bation Stroke Special mix' (ahem) on the Sexy label. On
> > the label it says Promo 2, so perhaps that mix you found may have been
> > Promo 1? Carl's remix basically loops the 'I've got the hots' bit of the
> > vocal over a Throw-ish type beat. On the flip is a Tony De Vit mix,
> > which is a pile of camel cack, as you'd expect.
> >
> > Otto
>
> I'm sure promo 1 has mixes by folk more comparable to De Vit than Carl
> Craig. Personally, I reckon this is one of his weakest mixes with the
> Ultramarine, Tori Amos, Dave Angel (try mixing it with Basement Jaxx's
"Set
> Yo Body Free", but keep an ambulance nearby), Incognito and "Help Myself"
> being my top 5.

OMG - How could we forget the Drums Suck Remix???? Sacrelidge.

OK, a bunch are coming back to me all of a sudden...

Dajae's Day By Day

We seem to have forgotten a few of the Mo Wax items too, like:

Ravers Suck Our Sound
Clubbed to Death
...was there ever any C2 Urban Tribe remixes?

I'm sure there's more downtempo stuff like this we're forgetting too.

There's also the C2 remix of Innerzone Orchestra's People Make the World Go
Round, but I don't think that counts.

Oh, and whaddya think? Does Salsa Life count as a remix?

Tristan
http://ampcast.com/phonopsia <- Music
http://phonopsia.tripod.com <- Mixes, pics, thought, travelogue & info
http://www.metatrackstudios.com