----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Szczepanek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Gary Girard'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Joe Szczepanek"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 9:57 AM
Subject: RE: [313] EZ track ID

> RE: Modjo-Lady
>
> <<That song gets my award for the cheesiest, lamest lyrics I've heard in a
> long
> time!>>
>
> It's not easy being cheesy...especially on this list, but the dancefloor
> rats love it.
>
> ...uh oh, I think I've said too much :O

This song has received an obscene amount of play in DC over the last year.
I've developed a taste for "housey house" like this, mostly because the sets
I've heard it spun in were so uninspired otherwise that it stood out, or it
was mixed so seemlessly into a brilliant deep house set that it worked. I
guess with a lot of these "housey house" vocals, I feel a lot of disco/80s
feeling in them> It took a long time to allow myself to get into them.
Terrence Parker had a lot to do with "explaining" this for me. He plays a
cool version of it (possibly an accapella over another track) on the Summer
mix he had @ DEMF. Instant 313 connection.

Tristan
http://ampcast.com/phonopsia <- Music
http://phonopsia.tripod.com <- Mixes, pics, thought, travelogue & info