[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Am I right in thinking ALL pressings of K Alexi's All 4 Lee Sah are
> screwed up (Transmat original and classic)??

> The surface noise half way thorugh is terrible. It's worse than some
> of the Trax pressings.

Sakke:

I only have the repress, and it sounds like it was mastered from really
cracky and scratchy vinyl.

I have the 2nd pressing (red graphics) and I think there was some noise on it too... gotta check to make sure.

But yeah, the noise in that recording is classic, check DJ Hell's X-mix for example! I also remember one Baby Ford mix he did in '94, and the record he used had the exact same noise, so my thought is that Transmat must have used the original lacquer or metal stampers to make the later pressings, which is a BAD mistake! Never do that.

If someone with the original 1st white drawn label pressing could inform us if the noise is on that too, so then we'd know if it's the mastering...

Also: I have the R-tyme 12" as Transmat classic pressing and there's some crazy noise on that too, and some other Transmat classic had a "ghost" effect on it (when a reel-to-reel tape is not played for a long time the magnetic particles attach to tape next to them, sort of copy themselves on tape, so you'll hear the coming music in advance, very silently though.).

Derrick should transfer all his classic analog material to digital media immediately.

-Proffit