From: "Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313 Detroit <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: [313] Detroit + Dance
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:37:24 +1000

Hey Cyclone's obscure question for the day....

Does anyone know of any ballet (or dance) productions that may have been
based on techno (or electronic music, per se). I know Laurent Garnier did
something in Paris, I can't remember its name. I am interested in compiling
a list. Apparently the Australian Ballet performed X, a ballet based on
tribal drum patterns a while ago.

I figure it would be an interesting concept. I can imagine May's music being
used, Mills' more introspective material, some of Hawtin's more downtempo
material, Carl's... It would be interesting to use the faster stuff too as
it would force the dancers to move differently. Plus as much as we hate on
ravers some of those kids can dance really well! I wonder how it would work
to use some of those movements in a contemporary dance/ballet production. It
would use introduce the music to new listeners, too. It must have been done
somewhere!!