First this:

>Detroit has gone through years of hard times, and its once-vibrant music
>industry has been part of the decline.

and then this:

>Motown
>moved away and nothing came in to replace it. But then came Aaliyah. She
>put the pride of Detroit back on a national level."

Charming.

Her death is a great loss - but this article would have us believe that
nothing musical happened in Detroit between Stevie Wonder and Aaliyah, and
now that she's dead we might as well pack up, head home, and wait to be
robbed.

The article is nice overall, but I suspect that some of us on this list
might disagree with that sort of blanket-statement sensationalist
journalism.

My two slightly annoyed cents,
Dennis
www.mp3.com/vanderrohe