> Sorry; just checking if my last message got caught up in the "negative
> comments about Richie Hawtin on 313 filter" ;-)

OK, I'll try again....

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If it sounds good then fine (I haven't listened to it and I have not
dissed
> it) but the concept sounds suspect to me.

I'd like to turn this 'round a bit - I think the concept of the album was
interesting (although not
as radically original as some are claiming). However, I found the end
result to be really lacking.
There is absoutely no depth or flow to the mix, it just plods for 50
minutes. There are a few nice
moments (e.g. when the synth line from the Climax flows in for the first
time), but a lot of the
rest is disjointed or plain bland. Some loops seem to have been placed for
the sake of themselves,
like the sort burst of Spastik which goes nowhere, and others take less
interesting parts of records
(like a lot of the Perlon and Playhouse material on there) and stretch
them out beyond their
usefulness.
Another example of the the current paradigm of technique over substance in
techno?

Sean.