I have played in brooklyn at Halcyon (http://www.halcyonline.com)
and really enjoyed myself. It's a sort of coffee house/record store/whatever.

Sunday nights is Undercity hosted by DJ Spinoza. I don't know who in
particular will be there tonight, as the web site updates are rather
spotty.

Atmosphere is more sit & listen than dance, and the excellent sound
system is kept loud enough to feel but quiet enough to chat. I like
a good banging club night as well as the next guy, but being able
to drink some Earl Grey, browse through records, and listen to interesting
music is a great alternative.

It goes from 7 or 8 until 12, so you could go somewhere afterwards
if you still have some party in ya.