As far as I know NYC is still closed below 14 Street. This is at 2nd Street so would be inaccessible. Maybe they have changed the restrictions, I don't know.

Anyway from Bridgewater you could take 78, 287 or the Turnpike to 95 and take the GW Bridge across or the Lincoln Tunnel. When I lived in Jersey I always took the GWB. That will put you uptown but you can then either take the West Side Highway downtown or go across town and take the Harlem River Drive to the FDR. It will be a bit longer than taking the tunnel, but not much longer.