there are a few versions of metropolis around (including a colored version).
i rented one that seemed to be maybe 1/2 hour longer than the cd.
and for the most part i could kinda figure out when the music was in time.
i thought the music was perfect for the movie too.
i remember mention a while ago that it was gonna get a dvd release but i
don't know if that's true or not.
kaojyan