... My brother is more the sound technologist but, I do know enough to know
that what that guy said is mostly tosh - to use an English expression. You
can prove it yourself by listening to Stevie Wonder's 'The Secret Life of
Plants' ... that's a record which is over 20 years old. Listen to the 'last'
track - sorry the title escapes me right now. (There are four sides but side
A is not backed with B etc, so it's not certain what's 'first', 'last' etc.)
The disco 'synthy' one which I'm sure thousands have wanted to sample/remix
etc ... That is a hi-tech funk track. There's no other term for it. It's
also pretty weird. With off-the-wall-effects. My copy was not new. I don't
know how many people have had it before me. It sounds used, true, but not to
the point of spoiling my listening pleasure ... oh, and it doesn't jump.