On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> on 1/25/02 4:35 PM, Lester Kenyatta Spence at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> >> Interesting essay... I especially enjoyed the part about Kilpatrick
> singing
> >> along with Biz Markie. That's hilarious!
> >
> > It's POWERFUL.  I don't know if Kilpatrick ever hung out at the
> > Institute....but he may be the country's first hiphop/house mayor.
> > Astounding.
>
> Oh, no doubt it is powerful and real cool. Especially due to the fact that he
> had someone as raw as Biz perform. I don't know who else was on the
> bill, but the inclusion of Biz definitely gets high marks from me.
> -J

Oh...I forgot.  Rick Wilhite, DJ Fingers, DJ Snake...and I think Biz was
the headliner.  No...I KNOW Biz was the headliner, I don't think there
were anymore djs though.  Wilhite only had twenty or so minutes on the
tables, but I was really hoping for some deep deep deep house.  He
probably left it at the crib though...most house djs leave the deep stuff
at the crib when dj'ing "mainstream" gigs.

pity.

(biz has been in detroit a few times.  dennis archer jr. usually uses him
at his parties.  can keep a crowd on the floor no DOUBT...but he isn't
that good technically.)

peace
lks